At BC Women’s, every day brings with it the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life. It is only through the generosity of donors that these opportunities become reality.
Take a look at some of these examples of what your permanent legacy helps to accomplish:
- Outreach programs which extend to the remote corners of the province, serve over 100 communities.
- 270 babies lives were saved last year by feeding them from our Human Milk Bank – the only one in Canada.
- Since our HIV/AIDS drug regimen – developed at BC Women’s – was introduced over 10 years ago, not one HIV-positive baby has been born to an HIV-positive mother on this program.
- Specialized training for nurses throughout B.C. so that one day women anywhere in the province can get maternity care close to their home communities.
- Osteofit™, developed in 1997 at BC Women’s assists people with osteoporosis in B.C. Osteofit has been offered at over 70 community centres throughout B.C. and over 300 instructors have been certified. Thousands of people have been helped to find relief from pain and a renewal of their