ONE YEAR OF GIVING, FOUR ESSENTIAL PROJECTS
The Auxiliary to BC Women’s Hospital have been dedicated supporters of the BC Women’s Health Foundation for over 30 years.
This year, their impact was immense.
In 2019 alone, the Auxiliary supported:
- A new ventilator for the NICU, so babies born as early as 23 weeks will receive the highest quality (and most gentle) breathing support
- A research grant for BC Women’s Hospital Preemie BioBank, enhancing the future of care through discovery research
- The Sibling Care Centre, supporting the full family unit in times that can feel overwhelming or unfamiliar
- The Fir Square Patient Engagement Fund, all centred around women’s goals
- The Emergency Fund, financial support for women across BC during their time of need
- Our Research Endowment Fund, paving the way for new discoveries.
The Auxiliary has always set bold goals to support the health of women right here in BC.
They are known for their leadership in supporting many of the most difficult to fund – but urgently needed – equipment and programs.
Their passion to dig deeper into truly understanding each initiative is infectious. While some only turn their attention to charitable giving during the holiday season, the Auxiliary is working away all year long.
They carry a beautiful driving philosophy into each gift – that ‘health’ extends beyond the individual into our families and communities.
It’s a beautiful, exponential ripple effect.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead