Changemaker’s Market, presented by BlueShore Financial, is a virtual silent auction featuring over 200 women owned businesses standing together in support of women’s health.
From March 8 (International Women’s Day) to March 14, you can bid, #shopsmall, raise awareness, and create change. Every bid placed at Changemaker’s Market is a declaration of your dedication to women’s health equity.
There are so many incredible items, artwork, and service for you to bid on – each donated by a women-owned small business from somewhere in BC. We’ve curated a list of some you don’t want to miss!
Beauty + Skincare Products
SUVA Beauty’s Everyday Essentials are the perfect addition to your daily makeup routine. This package contains high impact color cosmetics for your everyday and night-out looks. Eyeshadow palettes, eyeliners, lipsticks – it’s all here for you to create, play and present your authentic self!
Honour Indigenous cultural knowledge with this Rejuvenation Package from Sḵwálwen Botanicals.
Winner will receive:
-Téýwilh Sweetgrass, Sage and Rose Geranium Cream
-Téýwilh Sweetgrass, Sage and Rose Geranium Toner
-Lúlum Coco Oat Bath Soak (with Calendula + Plantain)
-Pá7pawtn Nettle and Arnica Sore Muscle Salve
-Ritual Candle Set -Skwálwen Tote Bag (Design: Woman with Plants)
Somerset Moss‘s Complete Collection is everything you need to get started with a new botanical skincare routine. This collection will change how you and your skin look and feel for the better!
Winner will receive:
– Facial Mist
– Facial Oil
– Brightening Mask
– Gua Sha Facial Tool
Use this $200 gift card to shop from The Rose Company’s everyday beauty essentials in 100% compostable packaging. Whether you choose from their lip balms, toner, or dry shampoos (or all of the above!) you know you’ll be choosing a product that features a simple formula with high quality and ethically-sourced ingredients.
Experience a moment of ritual and relaxation with MIFA’s signature set of aromatherapeutic products. Create an at home spa experience with MIFA’s signature Eucalyptus Mood Mist and Eucalyptus Coco Body Wash. Then unwind into the evening with MIFA’s sultry and sophisticated Cardamom Noir Essential Oil Candle.
Wine + Dine
Winner will receive:
– $75 Gift Certificate for Squeezed Winery + Distillery which can be used in their tasting room towards tasting fees, purchase of wine, spirits or merchandise. The gift certificate can also be used towards accommodation stays in one of their two guest suites.
– Gift Certificate for 4 flights from Fraser Valley Cider Company (must be used during opening hours)
Nostalgia Wine’s in-house sommelier will take you through their story and history while sharing special wine selections with your group. A six bottle set including two of their unique Kerner, two Rose, and two Merlot will accompany the experience, so you may continue to make memories with Nostalgia Wines at home.
Connect with the one you love most (or your closest friend) over this private dinner for 2 at Grounds & Greens Cafe, a vegan cafe in White Rock. By providing elevated plant-based food and beverages of superior quality, Grounds & Greens Cafe aims to build a community of people and families who value kindness and are committed to improving themselves, their community and the environment.
Celebrate with the help of Table + Vine’s Elevated Charcuterie Boxes featuring locally sourced ingredients from the Fraser Valley. Winner may to use this gift certificate to purchase any of Table + Vine’s elevated charcuterie boxes within a $200 value. For example, select a Bougie Box to serve 10+ people or choose 6 x personal size boxes for your next luncheon or virtual event!
Treat yourself and someone special to this Dinner for two at Burdock & Co. featuring their Chefs 5 course tasting menu. *does not include tax, gratuity or alcohol. Burdock & Co is located in Mt. Pleasant, Vancouver.
Join Sperling Vineyards, the oldest heritage vineyard in BC for an exclusive VIP Tour + Wine Tasting for 4. Let their team show you their beautiful organic heritage vineyard in Kelowna, and take you through their award winning wines. Family owned and family-run, Sperling Vineyards can’t wait to share their story with you!
Celebrate something special with the help of MERcuterie by Maria and Sansorium Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine!
Winner will receive:
– 2-4 person charcuterie box from MERcuterie by Maria ($100 value, delivery available in Vancouver)
– Sansorium’s Brunch Set (value $75): Le Petit Chavin Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Chardonnay, Le Petit Chavin Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Muscat and Zera Organic Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Chardonnay.
Get Hot Basket ft. Sriracha Revolver Hot Sauce, Lita’s Mexican Foods Inc., + Mukasi Coffee Roasters.
Raise the temperature with the help of these three delicious brands.
Winner will receive:
– Sriracha Revolver Hot Sauce Gift Pack ($50 value): A gift box filled with all six core flavours of Sriracha Revolver Hot Sauces: Clean Mango, Cilantro + Lime, Beets + Tequila, Jalapeño Ginger, Chili Garlic and Habanero
– Vegan Mexican Food Bundle from Lita’s Mexican Food Inc ($80 value). Includes: 2 Packs of Organic Uncooked Flour Tortillas (white & whole wheat), 2 Packs of Plant-based Taquitos (potato & chorizo; bean & cheeze), 3 Packs of Plant-based Taco Meal Kits (cochinita, bean, and award-winning tinga), 1 Tortilla warmer for keeping your fresh tortillas warm before serving. All products are frozen and made with natural ingredients without preservatives and will be delivered to the winner.
– 3 bags of Mukasi Coffee Roasters specialty coffee ($45 value)
Get together with friends or family to enjoy this curated Dinner Meal Kit for 6, courtesy of Legends Haul. The winner will be able to share dietary restrictions and preferences which the Legends Haul team will use to curate your meal! Fun options include steak night, taco night, a breakfast theme, bao buns, pizza party, or salmon dinner night etc. We’re already hungry just thinking about it!
Fashion + Jewelery
This structured tote is a designer favourite. The body is made from a sturdy and supple American cowhide leather creating clean architectural lines. The leather also brings strength and durability to welcome a laptop. There are two strap lengths to choose from, shoulder length and crossbody length. Straps are detachable to facilitate different lengths while retaining a clean look. AW considers this the modern day brief case.
Mark a new beginning with the help of Melanie Auld Jewelry’s Moonstone Stone Tab Charm, Dual Chain 01, and 20mm Essential Hoops. Made from 14K Gold Vermeil and Moonstone (the stone of new beginnings), wear the Moonstone Stone Tab Charm to signify new journeys or phases in your life.
Edge up your charm with not just one, but two of Melanie Auld Jewelry’s best-selling chains. By taking their Delicate Curb chain and fusing it to the Thin Staple Chain, MAJ has created the perfect everyday base for your pendants and layers. The Dual Chain 01 is made of 14k gold vermeil and measures 16″ with a built in 2″ extender.
To complete your look, MAJ has added their gold vermeil 20mm Essential Hoops. Like a good pair of jeans and a classic white tee, every wardrobe needs a staple hoop to add that finishing touch. High-shine, with a sleek curved finish, these hoops are exactly what you’ve been looking for.
– 2x Muse Nails Soft Gel Manicure Service includes one solid colour of choice and additional nail art on up to two accent fingers in total. Does not include gel extensions. ($90 total value)
– 10K Yellow Gold Aurum Gold Disc Earrings from Sofine Jewelry. 4mm diameter, friction butterfly back, 100% solid gold & tarnish free. Inspiration: “Aurum,” meaning gold ($110 value). The Aurum stud is a small and timeless adornment of solid gold that can be worn alone or layered easily with other pieces.
Celebrate life’s biggest events by looking your best with Cassidy Watt Artistry Collective. Get your glam on for an event, photoshoot, or special day with a full face of makeup, false lashes, and hairstyling.
*May only be redeemed in Kamloops, Kelowna, and the surrounding Okanagan areas.
Facial Details: This go-to facial is ideal for first timers, regular maintenance and safe during pregnancy. Take your complexion from flat to fresh with this ultra-hydrating and gently exfoliating facial. This is our most therapeutic, relaxing facial. Includes relaxing face, neck and décolleté.
Health + Wellness
Form bonds while throwing punches with this Private Team Building Class at Rumble Boxing!
With a capacity of 15-30 participants or more – this heavy bag class is perfect for team building events, celebrations, corporate retreats, or other special events.
Class can be conducted at either of Rumble’s Vancouver-based studios in Mt. Pleasant or Yaletown.
Level up your wellness with 3 x Coaching + Breathwork sessions with Health Coach, Ashley Sindayen.
Using a combination of breathwork, yoga, meditation and mentoring, Ashley will help unlock and release your fears, doubts and inhibitions in order to make room for the future you truly desire.
Sessions are 60 minutes provided online via Zoom.
Relax + restore during a Bio-Energy Healing Session with Claudia Chirico, founder of Bloom Energy Healing.
Bio-Energy Healing Therapy is a non-invasive, safe and gentle healing modality which successfully restores and rebalances mental, emotional, physical and spiritual imbalances within the body by accessing and working with an individuals own bio-field.
The first 45 minutes of the session consists of the Talk Therapy component. This allows the client time to express, release and let go of any emotional and physical pain, stresses and blocks. Claudia offers healing guidance and clarity during this time.
Next is the Energy Therapy component of the session which lasts approximately 45 minutes. Clients may feel some heat, coolness and a tingly sensation as Claudia works around their energy body. Some may even move and sway a little. It is a very relaxing and light experience.
*this session is based in Vancouver
Art + Literature
Celebrate those you hold dear with Birth Flower Art Prints, hand drawn by Love with Phoebe. Winner will be able to select four 8×10″ Birth Flower Art Prints of their choice.
Display your bouquet of prints together to represent birthday months of everyone in your family, or to commemorate your anniversary month or special occasions – the ideas and combinations are unlimited! All art prints come with a small description card for that particular birth flower, making them perfect gifts for your loved ones. Art will be printed on gorgeous fine art quality paper with a perfect subtle texture and matte finish, helping the art to shine as if it were the original piece. Archival inks and paper are used to ensure colour and quality, so you can enjoy this print in your home or office for a long, long time.
Explore the ever changing, intersection, intricacies of identity and gender with Sabrina Symington‘s 2021 graphic novel. “Coming Out Again”. This special one-of-a-kind copy comes with a message and personalized illustration from the author.
This also makes an exceptional gift for someone in your life navigating their own coming out journey!
Travel + Experiences
Travel to Qualicum Beach, a stunning seaside location on Vancouver Island within 30mins from YVR South terminal. Grab a friend or loved one and plan a day trip, weekend stay, or longer trip with the help of the first Indigenous-women founded airline in Canada – Iskwew Air.
Founder, Teara Fraser, prioritizes safety, reliability, and excellent customer servicer. Iskwew Air looks forward to flying with you!
Say hello to Kinn Guest House with a 2 Night Stay! Kinn is a fresh hospitality venture founded + designed by LM Studio, located in Vancouver near New Brighton Park.
Kinn is the kind of place we always look for when we travel that we felt was missing from the Vancouver landscape. It is a design forward guest house with a soft minimal material palette that feels inclusive and immersive. It is a platform to celebrate all the incredible local brands we share aesthetic kinship + values with, and a true expression of Vancouver’s creative community + soul.
*Dates subject to availability
Grab a buddy and join in on a group lesson at Surf Sister Surf School in scenic Tofino, BC! With a small class size ratio of 5 students to 1 instructor you’re sure to be riding the waves in no time.
Winner will recieved 2.5 hour Surf Lesson for 2 (in a group setting) with all the gear included.
*Please book in advance to ensure we have space. *Only available in-person in Tofino, BC; 2 people in a group lesson (12+ years)
BIPOC Owned Businesses
Experience the best of local women-owned BIPOC businesses with this Gift Basket curated by the BIPOC and Local Marketplace.
Winner will receive:
– $50 Gift Card to BIPOC and Local Marketplace
– Booty Planter from Concrete Design Company
– Incense Holder + Incense from Hidden Crystal Candle Co.
– Large Rainbow Wall Hanging from Wild and Knotted
– Crystal Bath Bomb set from Aphrodite’s Realm: A set of 4 vegan, paraben/phthalate free bath bombs with a crystal inside each bath bomb. Includes Aphrodite’s Garden (Rose Vanilla scent with a rose quartz), Atlantides (Satsuma Orange scent with an angel aura quartz), Dragon’s Breath (Dragon’s Blood scent with a mystery crystal), and Amethystos (Black Cherry Merlot scent with an amethyst quartz) Bath Bombs
– A carefully curated bouquet of everlasting florals from Wild and Wish (*please keep out of direct sunlight)
– 100% Natural Muscle Relief Cream and Bath Bomb from Hempfix, made from hemp grown in BC’s Okanagan.
– Cactus Essential Oil Diffuser from The Blue House on the Corner, perfect to hang on your rear view mirror, your purse or market basket, or even the stroller. Simply add your favourite essential oils to the wood beads and enjoy!
– Cactus Wood Earrings + Tealight Sampler Pack (plus a $10 Gift Card to use once you find your favourite candle scent!) from The Blue House On the Corner
– Iinfinite Alchemy Favourites Crystal Pack
– $25 E-Gift Card for Busy Bee Creates
Center contemporary Indigenous content + culture in your home library with 2 x Raven Reads (past) adult subscriptions boxes.
Each adult box contains:
– a novel written by an Indigenous author
– a letter from the author or box curator
– two to three gift-like items from Indigenous entrepreneurs across Canada and the US
– a printed insert teaching you about an Indigenous culture from around the world
– artbedo Chinatown Neon 16″x20″ poster printed on 48lb high-quality matte paper ($45 value). This illustration captures the neon signs that illuminated Vancouver’s bustling Chinatown district in the 70’s.
– Paragon Tea Room Match Set ($53.65 value) including 1 x Ceremonial Matcha 30g, 1 x Handcrafted Bamboo Whisk (100-prongs), and 1 x Ceramic Whisk Holder
Winner will receive:
– Kamayan lunch or dinner for 2 at Kulinarya Filipino Eatery ($90 value, located in Vancouver, BC)
– Kapé Origins coffee duo ($49 value), featuring specialty coffee grown by Indigenous and women farmers in the Philippines, and roasted locally. Includes Manang Mina’s Coffee (Benguet, Cordillera) and Ate Marlene’s Coffee (Davao del Sur, Davao Region).
– Kiligraphy Co. Bundle ($90 value): two 8×10″ art prints of your choice, one Custom Illustration Portrait (your choice of up to 2 people or pets, 8×10″, black or white frame)