BC Women’s Health Foundation acknowledge that we carry out our work on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples – xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó: lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. When we refer to “women”, we are referring to women in all their diversity, inclusive of LGBTQ2SAI+ individuals.
BC Women’s Health Foundation is BC’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the full spectrum of women’s health. Our Mission is to ensure exemplary healthcare for women, by providing solution-focused philanthropy that delivers tangible societal impact. As an employer, we are developing a team where reconciliation, equity, diversity and inclusion are the cornerstone of what we believe in and where we want to go.
If you have a passion for healthcare fundraising and have a donor-focused philosophy of building effective relationships and inspiring donors to make philanthropic investment, you are the right candidate to join the BC Women’s Health Foundation team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization committed to changing the tide on women’s health equity.
The Philanthropy Manager is responsible for activities relating to Major Gifts, Mid-Level Giving, and Planned Giving. Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy Manager will be accountable for $1M+ in revenue. Working collaboratively with, and in support of, the Director, Philanthropy and other development and strategy team members, they will cultivate, solicit and steward their portfolio of approximately 150 donors and prospects for the Foundation’s fundraising priorities.
The successful candidate is a strong relationship builder and has a deep understanding of major and mid-level giving. Planned giving experience is an asset, but willingness to learn and grow in this area is essential. They will be self-driven, collaborative and an excellent communicator. They will be comfortable working independently and remotely, and will be required to meet one-on-one with prospects and donors virtually or in person.
Prospecting + Cultivation
- Identify prospective donor relationships with foundations, individuals, businesses and organizations appropriate for targeted cultivation and addition to Major Gifts and Mid-Level Giving pipelines.
- Develop and implement appropriate cultivation strategies.
- Develop briefing notes, backgrounders, presentations, and talking points for prospect engagement activities.
Solicitation + Stewardship
- Develop and maintain relationship management strategies for assigned portfolio of donors.
- Develop proposals to solicit foundations, individuals and organizations, partnering with peers from Strategy, Corporate Partnerships, Donor Relations, and Marketing.
- Solicit major ($10,000+) and mid-level ($1,000-$9,999) gifts through customized proposals and face-to-face meetings (virtual and in-person); securing multi-year commitments where possible.
- Collaborate with Philanthropy Officer and use direct response tactics for mid-level donors where appropriate.
- Consult with Chinese community engagement strategy lead as needed.
- Maintain stewardship contact with donors as their relationship manager, including delivery of recognition and accountability.
- Work with donor relations team to ensure that appropriate stewardship activities are carried out.
- Establish and lead BCWHF’s planned giving program with guidance and support from Director, Philanthropy.
- Be the primary contact for prospects considering a planned gift to the Foundation, including specific bequests, gifts of insurance, endowed gifts and other planned gifts.
- Work with Philanthropy Officer and marketing team to develop and implement strategies, tactics and tools that will open conversations around planned giving with donors.
- Develop strategies, tools and tactics to steward those who have registered expectancies with BCWHF and the families of planned gift donors after gifts are realized.
- Ensure that expectancies and all associated administration for planned gifts are accurately tracked and appropriately documented.
Pipeline Management, Administration + Other
- Continually build pipeline across stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Maintain working knowledge of significant developments and trends in non-profit management, programming, and philanthropy.
- Ensure gift documentation is in place, payments are received on pledged gifts and gift acknowledgments are accurately and promptly issued.
- Maintain accurate and current data, records and reports.
- Work with all members of the Foundation team to anticipate linkages in annual plans to ensure that required resources/deliverables are integrated and supported across all teams.
As a condition of working at the Hospital, you must pass certain background checks under the standards set by the Provincial Health Services Authority (the “PHSA”) including an initial and recurrent criminal records check(s) and an immunization check.
A competitive salary and full range of health benefits through PHSA and Municipal Pension Plan.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test and grow your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our incredible team. Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.