Join our Team
You may be wondering why we are hiring. BC Women’s Hospital Foundation is on the precipice of changing the tide on women’s health. We believe that healthy women are essential to creating and maintaining healthy families and communities. We know we have Hospital Foundation in our name but don’t be fooled, we are far more than an entity that raises money for capital and equipment needs. We are committed in our tireless pursuit of advocating for a holistic approach to women’s health.
This position is one of a handful of new opportunities that we have created to ensure there is an equitable investment in women’s health. Learn more about us here.
Strategic Partnerships Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Partnerships, the Strategic Partnerships Coordinator provides support on all BC Women’s Hospital Foundation signature events.
Signature + Special Events
- Leads the coordination, planning and execution of the Illuminations Women’s Health Luncheon in partnership with the Manager, Strategic Partnerships.
- Supports the Manager, Strategic Partnerships in the development of the Air Canada Birdies for Babies golf tournament and Sparkle signature events.
- Coordinates committee meetings for a variety of BCWHF events.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager, Strategic Partnerships and volunteer planning committee including attending and taking notes at committee meetings.
- Leads the coordination of all volunteers for all BCWHF events.
- Develops email communications for all BCWHF events, alerting donors of events and ticket sales.
- Given the nature of events, works irregular hours including evenings, weekends.
Records and Reporting
- Maintains accurate database and written records and provides clear reporting.
- Prepares post-event follow-up reports and tracking data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager, Strategic Partnerships.
An undergraduate degree in a related field or diploma in related field with at least 1-3 years experience in event organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and administrative skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and event logistics simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills particularly as it relates to event communication & marketing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and self-motivation and, at the same time, work effectively in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Good understanding of event logistics and event sponsorship practices.
- Good understanding of prospect and donor relations best practices.
- Good problem solving orientation and ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce high quality work to deadline while maintaining composure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), donor database software (Raiser’s Edge), web-page design and social media,
- Understanding of budgets.
- Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- Minimum of a Class 7N Driver’s License required
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is placed. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2019.