Join our Team
You may be wondering why we are hiring. BC Women’s Hospital Foundation is on the precipice of changing the tide on women’s health. We believe that healthy women are essential to creating and maintaining healthy families and communities. We know we have Hospital Foundation in our name but don’t be fooled, we are far more than an entity that raises money for capital and equipment needs. We are committed in our tireless pursuit of advocating for a holistic approach to women’s health.
This position is one of a handful of new opportunities that we have created to ensure there is an equitable investment in women’s health. Learn more about us here.
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Stewardship Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing coordination and comprehensive support in the execution of the stewardship activities and programs, a crucial area to grow and deepen donor relationships. The Stewardship Coordinator may be called upon to assist with other duties as assigned.
- Supports the Chief Development Officer in developing and implementing donor stewardship strategies and tactics.
- Supports the activities that arise from individualized stewardship plans, including coordination of Principal Giving donor recognition, Annual Giving stewardship, tailored campus visits or tours, and other stewardship-related events.
- Identifies and alerts Chief Development Officer to stewardship opportunities and executes operational objectives related to stewardship.
- Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer and to support the Direct Fundraising Team:
- drafts correspondence, reports, invitations and other stewardship communications,
- liaises with external vendors to provide information and internal administrative support for stewardship tactics and activities,
- prepares and coordinates stewardship information and reports,
- assists in managing venues and catering logistics for small stewardship events,
- prepares, assembles and disseminates stewardship packages and thank you letters, including, when needed, coordinating and managing volunteers (and tracking individual hours, for the Finance Team), and
- assists with the Annual Report and the Donor Impact Newsletter.
- May serve as a front line contact for donors by addressing concerns, providing information, taking gifts and executing timely follow-through.
- Tracks current Direct Fundraising Team collateral levels within the hospital and campus, and distributes as necessary.
- Learns our Foundation’s particular usage of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and adds updates and maintains the donor records related to stewardship.
- Creates reports and retrieves general information from the database as required.
- Tracks progress against expense budgets, while pursuing revenue and donor retention targets.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief Development Officer, consistent with the scope of the job.
As a member of the Foundation team, the Stewardship Coordinator is also expected to participate in the Foundation’s Signature Events, or other key events in which all staff are expected to play a role.
Education and Experience
Some post-secondary courses plus at least two years’ related experience preferably in the nonprofit. Some experience with donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills combined with an ability to adapt.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact and to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and administrative skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent problem solving orientation and ability to work under pressure and produce high quality, accurate work in a timely manner, often to deadline.
- Ability to exercise initiative and self-motivation and, at the same time, work effectively in a team environment.
- Mid-level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with donor databases (preferably Raisers Edge).
- Understanding of budgets and ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is placed. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by April 26, 2019.