Join our Team
You may be wondering why we are hiring. BC Women’s Hospital Foundation is on the precipice of changing the tide on women’s health. We believe that healthy women are essential to creating and maintaining healthy families and communities. We know we have Hospital Foundation in our name but don’t be fooled, we are far more than an entity that raises money for capital and equipment needs. We are committed in our tireless pursuit of advocating for a holistic approach to women’s health.
This position is one of a handful of new opportunities that we have created to ensure there is an equitable investment in women’s health. Learn more about us here.
Operations Assistant Internship
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Assistant provides administrative support to the Foundation.
The Operations Assistant will have the opportunity to work across departments, providing support in the areas of donations processing, development, accounting, events, communications, and general office management.
In collaboration with and under the general direction of the Director, Operations, the Operations Assistant:
- Provides comprehensive operational and secretarial support to the Foundation. This role includes document preparation, database population and maintenance, activity tracking, research, scheduling meetings, preparing and collating presentation materials, preparing correspondence, electronic and hard-copy filing.
- Records and tracks relevant donor and prospect activity in Raiser’s Edge, eg. donor related activities, attendees at special events, etc.
- Assists gift processing by recording donations and maintaining accurate donor records.
- Performs research as required for prospective and current donors and sponsors.
- Assists with coordination of fundraising events, donor recognition and community relations projects as required.
- Provides support to the events and communications teams by producing meeting agendas, minutes, seating plans, catering, name cards, communication pieces and presentation materials.
- Provides general office management including scheduling, document tracking, arranging couriers, ordering office supplies, arranging technical support, booking meeting rooms, catering etc.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director, Operations, consistent with the scope of the job.
- Strong team member and self-starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Minimum of one year's experience in related fields.
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills combined with adaptability and an appreciation for the need for confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work independently, and in a team, under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, so as to keep several projects progressing to completion simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives and make and/or recommend logical, reasoned decisions.
- Has the composure and interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization, including the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion while imparting sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Power Point and Publisher.
- Experience with and affinity for relationship databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to draft briefing and information notes for management.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.