Join our Team
You may be wondering why we are hiring. BC Women’s Hospital Foundation is on the precipice of changing the tide on women’s health. We believe that healthy women are essential to creating and maintaining healthy families and communities. We know we have Hospital Foundation in our name but don’t be fooled, we are far more than an entity that raises money for capital and equipment needs. We are committed in our tireless pursuit of advocating for a holistic approach to women’s health.
This position is one of a handful of new opportunities that we have created to ensure there is an equitable investment in women’s health. Learn more about us here.
Manager, Digital Marketing
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health under the general direction of the Senior Director, Communications. The Manager, Digital Marketing will play a key role in building the BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre Foundation brand, and increasing awareness and visibility of BCWHF among the general public and donors.
The Manager, Digital Marketing will be responsible for managing, shaping and improving the perception of the BCWHF brand and mission through the strategic execution of marketing plans, with a special focus on digital marketing. This role will also ensure effective brand management of all online and social media communications to maintain brand consistency.
- Develops digital marketing objectives, strategies and plans across digital channels including website, social media and email to drive further awareness and engagement for BCWHF brand.
- Develops an annual email marketing strategy and calendar, taking into account all the priorities of the Foundation, including fundraising, cause marketing, events and content.
- Builds, deploys, and optimizes all email marketing campaigns including design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends.
- Develops a strategy for data collection with a goal to expand the Foundation’s list size.
- Works to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of email sends.
- Plans digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
- Works with the Digital Communications Specialist to oversee Social Media strategy; monitor visitor trends; research and upgrade based on industry trends and best practices.
- Serves as BCWHF Webmaster; updates website regularly, maintaining brand consistency and collaborating on engaging content.
- Owns and maintains site analytics, metrics and campaign reporting and regularly presents findings and recommendations to Senior Director, Communications and Chief Strategy Officer (on as-needed basis).
- Working with the Senior Director, Communications and Chief Strategy Office, design, implements and evaluates a long term brand strategy plan with annual marketing goals and strategies to increase public awareness and community support for BCWHF.
- Partners with key members of the Communications team to ensure integration of brand marketing, PR, digital, email, social media and content strategies and initiatives that drive brand visibility and support.
- Manages advertising schedules, creative development, and execution on behalf of the Foundation.
- Ensures the brand standards, messaging and style guidelines are consistent across all communication channels.
- Reviews all marketing materials using BCWHF name and/or logo.
Reporting and Analytics
- Reports on and analyzes KPIs, evolving and optimizing the marketing strategy based on analysis to ensure progress against goals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Brand and/or Digital marketing
- Marketing experience in areas outside of Brand/Consumer Marketing (e.g., CRM, digital marketing, e-commerce, customer insights, sales, strategy consulting)
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to deliver effective marketing messages
- Proven ability to translate complicated subject matters, such as policy and advocacy work, into simple, compelling and clear communications
- Meticulous editing and proof-reading skills, with working knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Familiarity with the advanced features of the Microsoft Office suite of products and knowledge of a donor management system (Raiser’s Edge) preferred
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Cares deeply for the personal and professional development of the people on their team
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems
- Effective relationship builder particularly with key staff, board members, vendors, donors and media partners
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is placed. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2019.