Join our Team
You may be wondering why we are hiring. BC Women’s Hospital Foundation is on the precipice of changing the tide on women’s health. We believe that healthy women are essential to creating and maintaining healthy families and communities. We know we have Hospital Foundation in our name but don’t be fooled, we are far more than an entity that raises money for capital and equipment needs. We are committed in our tireless pursuit of advocating for a holistic approach to women’s health.
This position is one of a handful of new opportunities that we have created to ensure there is an equitable investment in women’s health. Learn more about us here.
Community Partnerships Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Under the general direction of the Community Partnerships Manager, the Community Partnerships Coordinator provides research and coordination support for cause marketing campaigns, peer to peer fundraising, and assistance with community partner events.
- Develops strategy and communications for key BC Women’s cause marketing campaigns, including Newborn, Holiday, International Women’s Day and Mother’s Day campaigns.
- Acts as primary liaison for cause marketing organizational relationships, existing and new.
- Creatively develops new partnerships and campaigns that drive fundraising revenue for BCWHF.
- Cultivates, stewards and maintains existing cause marketing partners. Encourages and persuades continued support from year to year. Build and maintains relationships with BCWHF supporters.
- Assists in building and executing marketing plans to promote all community events and campaigns.
- Works with Communications team to update and maintain Community Partnerships webpages and provide social content for a multiple of mediums.
Community Event Fundraising
- Assists Community Partnerships Manager in planning and executing BC Women’s larger community events.
- Point of contact for small scale community events in support of BC Women’s.
- Assists with sourcing, securing, and maintaining vendors.
- Solicits in-kind donations.
- Researches and identifies new potential fundraising and awareness opportunities by making cold calls, ‘ask’ emails for:
- Peer to peer fundraising
- Birthday Club
- All Cause Marketing campaigns
Records and Reporting
- Updates Raiser’s Edge to reflect donor changes, updates.
- Creates new event/campaign ID’s in Raisers Edge.
- Tracks campaigns and community event payments to ensure the funds are received.
- Accurately and consistently updates work-plans for each project.
- Tracks ticket sales and provides consistent updates with promotional plans.
- Monitors event/campaigns budgets, ensuring timely payments to suppliers.
- Maintains accurate database and written records and provides clear reporting.
- Prepares post-event reports.
- Performs administrative duties when required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Community Partnerships Manager.
At least 2 years’ experience in event organization, preferably in a fundraising environment. Passion for women’s health is essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and administrative skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and event logistics simultaneously.
- Solid skills and comfortable with cold calling, using an authentic, informative and values-based messaging to engage prospects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills particularly as it relates to event communications and marketing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and self-motivation and, at the same time, work effectively in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and establish positive relationships with individuals and groups, both internal and external.
- Good understanding of event logistics and event sponsorship practices.
- Good understanding of prospect and donor relations best practices.
- Good problem solving orientation and ability.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Works steadily and is composed under pressure to produce high quality work meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in MailChimp and/or other electronic communication platforms.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), donor database software (Raiser’s Edge), web-page design and social media.
- Good understanding of budgets, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is placed. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org