BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre Foundation seeks a Communications Producer Manager to join its team.
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Communications & Media Relations, the role oversees all production elements for BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre Foundation including communications, fundraising, advertising, marketing, board, and promotional materials. Collaborates with the Development and Strategic Partnerships teams and serves as lead in creating events related material. Coordinates the planning, resourcing, scheduling, and production of deliverables in concert with vendors and within timelines and budgets.
- Oversees production of promotional and marketing advertising including print, online, outdoor, transit, vehicle wraps, banners, video, signage, apparel and event materials.
- Editor-In-Chief of the bi-annual Foundation newsletter alongside the Senior Director and oversees all processes for publication, oversight of all vendors, journalists, and others.
- Manages the efficient sequencing and execution of communications projects and campaigns for timely rollout of all tasks through the creation and execution of work plans.
- Proactively develops a Foundation wide annual calendar for all production elements related to regular departmental and organizational needs.
- As liaison between internal BC Women’s Hospital requests for support and the Foundation’s development team, provides excellent client service for all stages of production.
- Coordinates assignment and delivery of all incoming projects seeking Foundation support.
- Provides oversight and creative aesthetic of the website and collaborates closely with the Digital Communications Coordinator to post, maintain and cultivate its functionality.
- Provides writing support as determined by the Sr. Director, Communications + Media Relations and/or BCWHF President + CEO.
- Supports the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives and communications needs.
- May serve as the informal photographer for Foundation events and operations.
Operations and Administration
- Attends BCW Communications Committee with Hospital, Foundation and PHSA.
- Works closely with the Sr. Director, Communications + Media Relations, Digital Communications Coordinator and seasonal Communications Co-op student(s) in support of Foundation leadership, fundraising and event staff.
- Processes supplier invoices, tracks expenses, researches vendors, solicits proposals and investigates new opportunities to increase expediency, improve quality and/or reduce cost.
- Assists the Sr. Director, Communications + Media Relations in the creation, management and evaluation of the communications budget throughout the year.
The competencies for the position would typically be acquired through an undergraduate degree or diploma in business and five years of related project management experience. Strong ability to assign tasks, coordinate vendors, and deliver results on time and on budget. Work in a design environment or not-for-profit are assets. Passion for the Foundation’s work is essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write promotional material for a variety of audiences and for a variety of communication platforms.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks across all Foundation social media platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive work relationships with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce high quality accurate work, with strong attention to detail, in a timely manner, often to tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a multi-task workload.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
- Ability to work independently and also work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated resilience and commitment to the Foundation and Hospital values.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to utilize Adobe InDesign, Lightroom and Photoshop is an asset.
- Ability to utilize Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Photography, video and related editing and graphic design acumen also an asset.
Join our Team
This is your opportunity to join a wildly creative, tenacious and highly committed team with a unified vision for shaping the future of women’s health in BC and beyond.
We believe in fostering a fun, bold and challenging workplace environment that pushes each of us to the next level as a team. We’re here because we believe there is so much more that we can achieve in the pursuit of excellence for women’s health and we aren’t afraid of blazing the path that will get us there.
We provide competitive compensation, health benefits, and vacation plus a defined benefit plan and support for professional development.
To apply click here and submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, July 12th, 2017.