BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre Foundation seeks an Strategic Partnership Coordinator to join its team.
We are seeking an experienced, well organized and dynamic individual (with a sense of humor) who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Under the general direction of the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre Foundation, the Strategic Partnership Coordinator provides research, organizing and execution support and coordination for signature fundraising events and third party community fundraising activities. Given the nature of events, work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Supports the logistical and coordination details of signature events including researching options, confirming bookings, maintaining working relationships with vendors and other activities to enhance the guest experience and revenue generation for the event.
- Provides administrative support to the volunteer planning committee including attending and taking notes of committee meetings.
- Organizes recruitment, scheduling and work coordination of event volunteers.
Sponsorships and Donors
- Researches and identifies prospective in kind donors for events; composes solicitation letters and follows up.
- Provides support to sponsorship solicitation process and works collaboratively to ensure that sponsorship agreement is fulfilled; works with sponsor representatives on event organizing to ensure sponsors needs are met; contributes to ensure sponsor-specific stewardship and recognition is achieved post-event.
Third Party Community Fundraising
- Researches and identifies potential third party community fundraising partners.
- Coordinates with community fundraising partners in advertising and following up events and activities and may provide assistance in event planning and attend the event.
- Composes and creates a variety of communications in support of sponsorship, signature events and third party community events e.g., webpages, email blasts, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, printed materials; actively utilizes social media.
- Maintains database, written records and clear reporting.
- Prepares post-event follow-up reports and tracking data.
An undergraduate degree in a related field or diploma in related field with at least 3 years’ experience in event organization in a fundraising environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and administrative skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and event logistics simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills particularly as it relates to event communication & marketing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and self-motivation and, at the same time, work effectively in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Good understanding of event logistics and event sponsorship practices plus prospect and donor relations best practices; sound budget knowledge.
- Good problem solving orientation and ability.
- Works calmly under pressure and produces high quality work to deadline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), donor database software (Raiser’s Edge), web-page design and social media
Join our Team
This is your opportunity to join a wildly creative, tenacious and highly committed team with a unified vision for shaping the future of women’s health in BC and beyond.
We believe in fostering a fun, bold and challenging workplace environment that pushes each of us to the next level as a team. We’re here because we believe there is so much more that we can achieve in the pursuit of excellence for women’s health and we aren’t afraid of blazing the path that will get us there.
We provide competitive compensation, health benefits, and vacation plus a defined benefit plan and support for professional development.
To apply click here and submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, July 12th, 2017.