We are seeking an experienced, collaborative individual interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. You loves numbers and take pride in producing detailed work of the highest quality within set timelines. The Accounting Assistant provides support to the Controller by performing duties related to the preparation and maintenance of day-to-day, monthly and annual accounting records for the effective and efficient operation of the Foundation.
- Reconciles accounts and working papers; prepares journal entries for posting
- Assists with the documentation of processes, policies and produces
- Responds to staff inquiries regarding revenue and expenses and is petty cash custodian
- Assists with the compilation of monthly financial statements including running reports and queries from the financial systems
- Assists with the preparation of: budget to actual variances; T3010 tax returns and Gaming Reports; budgets and year-end audit processes
- Performs other tasks and projects as assigned by the controller, consistent with the scope of the job.
- Participates in the Foundation’s signature events, and other key events in which all staff play a role.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Reviews invoices for appropriate approval; code invoices and sends to PHSA AP for processing; maintains cheque registers
- Liaison between PHSA Accounts Payable and internal/external vouchers
- Works closely with Donations Office ensuring an accurate and efficient link between GL and Donations processing.
Two year college diploma in accounting, bookkeeping or other related discipline with a minimum of three years computerized accounting experience in a multi-department, environment including journal entries, account reconciliation, A/P, A/R, financial statements, and budget; and documenting and identifying improvements to processes. Not-for-profit experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Accuracy, detail orientation and technical proficiency in the performance of a wide range of accounting processes.
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills using MS Office Applications and PeopleSoft; experience with donor database systems such as Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Good organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work under pressure while keeping a client focus and producing high quality accurate work in a timely manner, often to deadline.
- Ability to identify, investigate, analyze and problem solve when reconciling accounts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to exercise judgement and confidentiality and deal with sensitive information and situations appropriately.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise initiative and self-motivation and, at the same time, work effectively in a team environment.
Join our Team
This is your opportunity to join a wildly creative, tenacious and highly committed team with a unified vision for shaping the future of women’s health in BC and beyond.
We believe in fostering a fun, bold and challenging workplace environment that pushes each of us to the next level as a team. We’re here because we believe there is so much more that we can achieve in the pursuit of excellence for women’s health and we aren’t afraid of blazing the path that will get us there.
We provide competitive compensation, health benefits, and vacation plus a defined benefit plan and support for professional development.
To apply click here and submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, July 12th, 2017.