We are seeking a flexible, collaborative and innovative professional (with a sense of humor) Operations Manager who is interested in becoming a part of the team that is going to move the needle on women’s health. Reporting to the Chief Finance + Operating Officer and provide a broad scope of administrative services to support the Foundation’s operational effectiveness including varying levels of planning, organizing, guiding and managing for: human resources, information technology, partnerships, data and records management, governance and regulatory compliance, and purchasing.
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the scope of operational requirements.
- Work collaboratively with and act as liaison to BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre on a variety of operational issues ensuring Foundation interests are successfully represented.
- Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services.
- Liaise with the Directors to source needs, coordinate and manage staff training and development.
- Lead recruitment processes for the full cycle of hiring processes.
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures and monitor required regulatory changes; brings forward recommendations.
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies.
- Prepare reports, recommendations and briefs for Directors, CF+OO, and committees for a variety of purposes, including evaluation of administrative services.
- Work with IT service providers on managing IT (network, email access) needs for Foundation.
Projects and Support
- Provide support to CF+OO and Directors for assistance with research, project management planning and implementation, oversight of initiatives, special projects and proposals.
- Liaison to BC Women’s on a variety of operational issues representing Foundation interests.
- Participate in the Foundation’s signature events, and other key events.
Bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration or a related administrative services field and a minimum of five years’ experience at a professional level in business administration, finance and/or administrative services. An Associate of the Institute of the Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ACIS), Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (FCIS) or a Professional Administrator (P Adm) designation is an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Personable and diplomatic, with excellent customer service orientation and sound, positive relationship building skills with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Highly developed organizational skills; can prioritize and multi-task and deliver timely results.
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, able to put forth solid recommendations.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and skilled at interpreting and conveying policy requirements.
- Excellent professional writing, verbal communication, and leadership/presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate, influence and gain consensus on proposed and approved initiatives.
- Ability to coordinate, manage and execute multi-faceted projects by utilizing sound project management principles and procedures.
- Sound change management skills, applying transition principles for people and processes.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and positive team leader/player, willing to support others.
- Sound business acumen, able to efficiently navigate challenges with tact, strategy, and proficiency.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and familiarity with databases.
Join our Team
This is your opportunity to join a wildly creative, tenacious and highly committed team with a unified vision for shaping the future of women’s health in BC and beyond.
We believe in fostering a fun, bold and challenging workplace environment that pushes each of us to the next level as a team. We’re here because we believe there is so much more that we can achieve in the pursuit of excellence for women’s health and we aren’t afraid of blazing the path that will get us there
We provide competitive compensation, health benefits, and vacation plus a defined benefit plan and support for professional development.
To apply click here and submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, July 12th, 2017.